Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spinach Quiche

My friend and I are working together, both at a store and on our weight loss. So we are taking turns bringing breakfast and lunch. Tomorrow is my day to bring breakfast, so this is what I made. I even took a picture this time!

Spinach Quiche Makes 8 Servings
Each serving has 176 calories

1/2 C chopped spring onions
1/2 C chopped onions
16 oz frozen spinach, thawed
1 T Garlic powder
4 eggs
4 egg whites
1/2 C fat-free cottage cheese
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C shredded pepper jack cheese
salt and pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.

Sautee onions in a nonstick pan. Add thawed spinach and garlic. Cook until most of the moisture is gone.

In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg whites. Add cheeses and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in spinach mixture.

Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy hot, cold, or room temperature.



No comments:

Post a Comment