Sunday, April 17, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Salad!

I have to tell you, I love me some spicy food. I put the southwest Mrs. Dash on almost everything. One of my major dieting weaknesses has always been hot wings. So, when I saw the Buffalo Chick'n Salad in the Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 cookbook, I knew it was something I was going to have to try. I didn't follow her recipe exactly (partly because I was missing a few ingredients), but I think it turned out wonderful! You try it and let me know what you think. And of course, feel free to swap out the Frank's Red Hot sauce for your personal favorite sauce. Frank's is what the original recipe called for, and I happen to like it better than anything else.(Except Chipotle Tabasco. Love that stuff... hmmm, may have to try that next time!)

Buffalo Chicken Salad Serves 6
Each serving is approximately 101 calories

1 T Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
3 T Light Miracle Whip
3 T Light Ranch dressing
2 T grated Parmesan cheese
1 12oz can chicken breast in water, drained
1 large carrot, diced
1 large stalk of celery, diced

Directions
Mix hot sauce, miracle whip, ranch dressing, and Parmesan together in a medium bowl. Add chicken, carrot, and celery. Stir to combine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment